Introduction to Solar Inverters
- Typically, the process of converting alternating current energy into direct current energy is called rectification, and the circuit that completes the rectification function is called a rectification circuit, and the device that implements the rectification process is called a rectifier device or rectifier.
- Correspondingly, the process of converting direct current energy into alternating current energy is called inversion, and the circuit that completes the inversion function is called an inversion circuit, and the device that implements the inversion process is called an inversion device or inverter.
- Inverters are also known as power adjusters. According to their use in photovoltaic power generation systems, they can be divided into independent power and grid-connected.
- Based on waveform modulation methods, they can be divided into square wave inverters, stepped wave inverters, inverter full sine wave, and combined three-phase inverters.
Importance of Solar Inverters in Residential Installation
The DC to AC inverter for solar panels plays a core role in residential photovoltaic systems. It is responsible for converting the DC electricity generated by solar panels into AC electricity for household use.
More than that, the inverter also ensures that the entire system operates at the optimum efficiency point to maximize power output. In addition, many inverters also have intelligent monitoring functions that track the performance of solar panels and issue warnings when necessary.
In short, without an inverter, the electricity generated by solar panels will not be able to be used domestically, and the system will not be guaranteed to operate at its best.
Types of Solar Inverters
There are many classifications of photovoltaic system inverters, according to the size of the inverter input voltage; the capacity of the connected photovoltaic modules; the size of the output power; the phase number of photovoltaic inverter output; the direction of the photovoltaic inverter output power; the form of the main circuit of the photovoltaic inverter; the type of the main switch device, etc.
Inverter input voltage :
24V inverter: generally used in DC inverters for new energy vehicles or other industrial equipment inverters.
48V-120V inverter: mainly photovoltaic inverters, according to the different number of solar panels that can be connected to the inverter's internal MPPT, there are choices of 48V-120V.
According to the output power of inverter:
Manufacturers to correspond to different capacity photovoltaic system inverters divided into different models.
Commercial and industrial PV inverter:
10-12kw solar system recommends using 10kw inverter;
20-24kw solar system recommends using 20000 watt inverter,
30-36kw solar system recommends using 30kw inverter,
55-60kw solar system recommends using 50kw solar system,
65-72kwsolar system recommends using 60kW hybrid inverter
Residential PV inverters: the specifications are 3kw inverter, 5kw inverter, 10kw inverter, 15kw inverter.
Mini PV inverter: 400w inverter, 800w inverter, 1200w inverter.
What kind of inverter to choose for different photovoltaic systems
PV Inverter according to connection methods mainly divided into centralized inverters, string inverters, and micro-inverters.
- Centralized inverter: Generally used for large-scale photovoltaic module installation systems, and photovoltaic general installation capacity is in the tens of MW., which is not suitable for ordinary households.
- String inverters: Generally used in roofs with a large area that can be utilized. The general installation component capacity of the household string inverter is 3kW-20kW.
If it is matched with a 5-20KWh battery, then photovoltaic power generation can completely cover household electricity.
Micro-inverters: are used in places with less available area such as balcony gardens, or for tenants or users who want fast installation and plug and play. The installation capacity is generally in the range of 0.4-1.6kW.
Because the balcony PV power generation is small, it is very necessary to choose a suitable balcony Micro battery .
According to the placement of photovoltaic modules
"Single MPPT" OR "Multiple MPPT"
- If the roof direction is consistent (the same direction of the modules), a single MPPT can be used;
- if the roof up direction is inconsistent (different directions or different quantities of the modules), multiple MPPT tracking can be used.
"Voltage Matching" OR "Power Matching"
- Special note: each manufacturer's inverters are not standardized (mainly manifested in, the same capacity of the inverter, the output voltage level may be different), as a result, when we choose an inverter, we should first see which inverters meet the grid voltage requirements, and we cannot just look at whether the capacity is suitable.
- If the grid is 220V single-phase power, then the inverter needs to choose the single-phase grid-connected model;
- If the grid is 380V three-phase power, it can choose a single-phase machine hanging between a single fire line and ground wire, or it can choose a three-phase inverter with an output voltage of 380V;
- If the grid voltage is 6KV or 10KV high voltage, a transformer must be installed between the inverter and the grid point. Some foreign regions are 110V voltage also need to use a transformer to match the grid voltage.
"Grid-connected power demand" OR "off-grid power demand"
- Grid-connected solar system can only meet the "grid-connected power demand"; when the grid power is disconnected, the grid-connected solar system cannot continue to work.
- If the customer still has power demand at this time, it is "off-grid power demand". At this time, a "grid-off-grid integrated inverter" needs to be selected.
How Energy Storage Solutions Can Revolutionize Home Energy Use.
The inverter is an indispensable device in the photovoltaic system, but just rely on the photovoltaic system composed of inverters and photovoltaic modules cannot make users easier to use photovoltaic energy. Adding a battery energy storage system can make you enjoy your own photovoltaic green energy happily all day long.